Tuesday, June 17, 2008

From The Boy

Wow. It's going to be weird just posting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. So, during my adjustment period I'll just fill in with silly little anecdotes like this one.


Ethan, while shunning letters in preschool, has recently decided that spelling words is cool. And so, like all four year olds, he is CONSTANTLY asking me how to spell something, or to read him words we see. So we were in the car the other day, driving to the farmer's market and a big, white truck pulls up next to us. It has no pictures on the outside, just a company logo and some writing. Here's the conversation that transpired:


Ethan: Mommy, what's that say on the truck?

Mommy: That says "Five Star Food Service, Inc."

Ethan: Mommy, what do you think is in the truck?

Mommy: Well, judging from the name, I'd say food.

Ethan: Hmmm. I think it's ink.


Happy Tuesday. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have guessed what he guessed. :)

Green Bean said...

That's too cute! I spend allll of my time spelling out words to my kids. Mine are slightly older which means the 3 1/2 year old wants to copy his brother and is capable of scratching out a few letters so I'm doing double duty. See what you have to look forward to!

Joyce said...

Four-year-old logic-gotta love it!