Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tagtastic!

I've been tagged by Daharja over at Cluttercut for Tagination, and since I haven't done a meme in a while, I thought it would be fun. Also? I hadn't really come up with a new change today, so it's like fate intervening. And you know how those interventions can be. Best to just nod your head and go along with it or they'll be checking you in to Betty Ford faster than you can say "Alabama Slammer".

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answers.

a) What was I doing 10 years ago? Hmmmm, 1998, I was working as the Billing Director for a CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) in Syracuse, NY. I hadn't yet started dating my now hubby, but had met with him on work-related projects and thought he was cute :-).

b) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

  1. Pick up Conner, drop Conner off at preschool and then drop Ethan off at preschool
  2. Take Daphne to her weekly playgroup at the park
  3. Pick up Ethan from preschool
  4. Go to fabric store to get a navy blue plaid, navy thread and oil
  5. Take the kids out to a special "end of school year" dinner at Chez McD (their pick, not mine! How I wish Bonefish would install those toddler-size hamster tubes so we could eat there occasionally!)
c) Snacks I enjoy: Would be much simpler to list snacks I don't enjoy: Liver pate and dog shit. Unless, of course, there is sour cream to spread on them. Then I'd probably eat those too.

d) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Put a couple million in trust funds for each of my kids, my niece and my nephew. Buy a vacation home for me and my family (parents, sisters and in-laws) to share in the Adirondacks or on Lake Ontario so we could all get together more often. Get my hubby the sailboat of his dreams. Provide private grants to municipalities who are looking to implement alternative energy sources, plan community gardens, create functional mass transit, design bike-friendly roads, etc.

e) Places I have lived: Upstate New York (various cities & towns) Newport News, VA; Peekskill, New York; Richmond, VA.


As for tagees, I won't name any names, but if you like this Tagination, jump on the bandwagon! Come on, you didn't really want to work on your post, did you?

2 comments:

Chile said...

Back in my carnivorous days, I used to eat liver. Not pate, but liver. The trick was to fry up a mess o' bacon, remove it, fry up onion rings in the fat, remove them, fry the liver in the grease (liver seasoned with tarragon), remove it, and make a rich sauce with sour cream. Pile the onions on the liver, pour on the sour crema, and top with crumbled bacon. Yum. Also could be known as "heart attack on a plate!"

Damn, I miss sour cream. I'm allergic to tofu so I can't even eat the fake vegan stuff. *sniff*

Dog shit? No, not interested. Not even with chocolate sauce.

ruchi said...

Oh I see. Humanure is fine, but you turn your nose up at dog shit with chocolate sauce! ;)