Sunday, February 3, 2008

TAG! I'm IT!

Wow. Six months blogging and I finally got tagged for a meme :-) You like me! You really like me! It's an Archive Meme and I was tagged be Wendy who blogs about her sustainable lifestyle at Home Is..... Anyhow, thanks for the tag, Wendy and to the rest of you, here's the rules:

Archive Meme Instructions: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you've written. ... but there is a catch:

  • Link 1 must be about family.
  • Link 2 must be about friends.
  • Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about.
  • Link 4 must be about something you love.
  • Link 5 can be anything you choose.
I think this is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone had written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know. Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be *newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better....and don't forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

Link 1 - Family - I think my favorite family posts were the ones that actually had nothing to do with going green. It was while I was on "blogging vacation" and the kids and I were making lots of crafts and gingerbread men for Christmas. I chose my December 20, 2007 post "Vacation - Day Two" as my favorite family post.

Link 2 - Friends - Hmmmmm, I don't really post about my friends very often -- mostly because my friends don't know about my going green attempts. A few do, and they, of course, bust on me about it, because those are the kind of people I like to hang out with :-). So my favorite friend post would be from September 12, 2007 "Mea Culpa".

Link 3 - Me - Well, let's admit it, blogging is a very "me-centered" activity. So I guess all my posts are about me. But probably the best "Me" post is from August 8, 2007, "Why Am I Here?" It was written in response to a comment I recieved from someone who I have come to consider a "blog bud", but who, at the time, caught me off guard with his criticism of my small ideas. It kind of explains why I make the small daily changes. Also? It has great encouraging comments from the woman who tagged me. Thanks, Wendy!

Link 4 - Something I Love - Tough one. I assume I can't go back to family and friends, so what then do I choose? My compost bin? My toaster oven? My washing machine? Nope. The interwebbies. The interwebbies and the great community of enviromentalists that call it home. I love the way that ideas bounce from blog to blog, encouraging others across the country or across the globe to join together to make our world a better place. And so, I guess it would be my November 26, 2007 post, Keepin' It Goin'.

Link 5 - Free Choice - That's easy. My January 18, 2008 post "Recreational Sex" and the follow up of "For Beth and Leslie". To quote Beth Terry, this is where my blog began "detiorating by the minute" ;-) But honestly, it's the comments that are the funniest part of these posts!

And now for the "Taggees". I'm gonna tag Beth at Fake Plastic Fish, Leslie at Leslie's Blog (yeah, I know two in one week - get over it girl!) and Green Bean at Green Bean Dreams. As for my "two new acquaintances" taggees, I'll hit Alexa at Art By Strongheart and Crabby Dad.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to play :), and I like your little trek down memory lane. It was fun. Was it good for you ...?

Anonymous said...

I'm feelin' the lurve.
Thanks for the tag. I will gladly do the meme.
I just enjoyed perusing your archive (that sounds like a pick up line).
Your blog is, and continues to be one of the best on the internet. You are a brilliant writer, courageous greenie, and a true inspiration to the lucky who find your blog!
(that sounds like a pick up line, too, huh?)
I'm a few projects behind, presently, but I will try to do this very soon...

crabbydad said...

D'oh!

Green Bean said...

Pick me, pick me, pick me!! Oh, you did already. ;-) How fun. Thanks for the archival posts too - it's nice to go back through people's previous writings and even better if they pick it out for us.

I'll second Leslie. You, my dear, are utterly hilarous! The missionary line is still my fav though. ;-) You keep me laughing and going green should absolutely be fun and funny.

Thanks! I'll get my tag post up today or tomorrow.

Yodood said...

My comment on the post above should testify to my gratitude for even those small things you do before reading about your reasons for link 3.;•}

Burbanmom said...

Mr. G. - Knowing that you continue to read my blog tells me all I need to know! :-) You keep me honest in my calculations and help me to appreciate the things I sometimes take for granted! Plus, you make me think. Not an easy task, but one that should be undertaken, even if only occassionaly! ;-)