Monday, August 11, 2008

Get The Lead Out

Please go read this article about how Bush is trying to rewrite the Endangered Species Act before he leaves office. And then?

You guessed it.

Go grab your handy-dandy list of representatives and tell them where you think he should file his proposed rules. And be sure to drop a note to our "Resident in Brief" to let him know how you feel.

Don't just get pissed off. DO SOMETHING.

Feeling speechless? Here's a sample note:

Dear Senator / Congressman / President [insert name here]:

It is with great dismay that I read an article regarding the President's recent plans to overhaul the Endangered Species Act. Please note that as a registered voter and concerned citizen, I am vehemently opposed to the proposed relaxation of regulation.

I will be voicing my opinion to the Department of Interior when the public comment period opens. However, I want you to know that should these proposed rules be enacted, I will fully expect you and your colleagues to work fervently to overturn them.

Sincerely,

[Insert Your Name Here]

THIS WILL TAKE YOU ALL OF FIVE MINUTES. I spend more time than that just checking emails. And I bet you do too. The emails can wait. This cannot.

And if you have a blog, belong to a Yahoo Group, are on Facebook or Myspace, Twitter or IM, please SPREAD THE WORD. Let's get folks pissed off and acting.

I will let you know when the public comment period opens so that you can voice your opinions directly to the DoI. In the meantime, spread the word, write the letters and get mad.

9 comments:

ruchi said...

Burbs=Awesome

JessTrev said...

Thanks so much. Wish we had representation in DC!

J said...

Ah, here he goes again trying to pass horrible legislation on his way out the door (which cannot be SOON ENOUGH). Thank you for alerting me to this issue, I will be writing my local representatives and perhaps also a letter to the editor of our local newspapers. This is outrageous!

Green Bean said...

Thank you for giving us the kick in the pants we needed to not roll over on this one.

Burbanmom said...

Mama, yeah, I keep forgetting that you've got that whole "taxation without representation" thing going on. That's f'd up. You should write to your reps about that.

Ooooooohhhhhh.

nevermind.


GB, Yeah, you never want to roll over when the government's behind you. That's how you get...

well you know.

ib mommy said...

Something tells me we're never going to need an Endangered Moron Act.

Stephanie said...

The Environmental defense fund has an easy online letter to the president, for those of us who are super lazy: http://action.edf.org/campaign/esa_action?source=edtaf

Robj98168 said...

I can never a time when I wrote so much to my congressman/sneators about one moron in office. I personally think bush wants to eviscerate the endagered species act so he can go down as the number 1 worst president in US history.

Otter Mama said...

I just sent off my letters...hells yeah!