Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm With It. Are You With It?

Step right up, folks! You won't believe your eyes! The most amazing show this side of the Mississippi is starting! Come inside the tent and have a peek! You don't want to miss this one!

OK, so this is my first APLS Carnival blog post and I think I maybe focusing a little too much on the "carnival" aspect. I keep singing "doo do doodle loodle doo do doodle" and imagining carnies trying to guess my weight (yeah, that's a game where NO ONE wins... just ask my husband).

Anyhow, nearly a hundred words into this post and I still haven't even touched on the APLS Carnival subject of the month:

What does sustainability mean to you?

Wow. That's a big question. Pretty heady stuff for the Burbanista. There's no way I could go this in depth in the half hour before Dirty Jobs comes on. And I likes me my Dirty Jobs.

Sustainability means so many different things to me that it's simply too much to verbalize. It is the deciding factor behind every purchase I make, every post I write, every dollar I donate and every vote I cast. It is the goal I strive to meet as I do my chores, raise my kids, source my food and live my life.

Simply put: It cannot be simply put.

So when words fail me, I resort to a photo mosaic. Here's what sustainability means to me (in 24 pictures or less ;)



And now, can I interest anyone in a ring toss?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just had to work that butt crack into that mosaic, didn't ya?
And the dish dog. You are incorrigible...er...encourageable.

Sustainable...not depleting the soil.

Green Bean said...

This is why we love you, Burbs!! Exactly why. :)

JessTrev said...

Oh lawdy, I woulda missed the butt crack if I hadn't read the comments! Love the montage and the, um, irreverent reverence. Nellie and Willie are rolling in ambergris somewhere, btw.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that butt crack right away and apparently am not familiar with the original post. I was thinking, "Hmmm....what does it mean? Sustainable plumbing? I dunno. And that figure...looks way too petite to be a real plumber...or even a man....????....omg...is that BM?? What does it all mean???"

(Ummm...by "BM" I mean...ummm...."'Burban Mom"....errrrr.....not uh......you know.....)

Burbanmom said...

Uh yeah, that's not my ass crack. Mine's way hairier than that.

Original post on that one was me replacing my leaky faucet. :-)

EnviRambo said...

You're frickin brilliant!
I love it. Minus the crack.
Crack kills.

Bobbi said...

Love the doggie photo. We do it one plate at a time. Never thought to give him the job of the whole load. We just won't mention it at our next dinner party as one of our attempts at sustainability.

Farmer's Daughter said...

These images are great! I love that you decided to post this way. Love the pup, could do without the crack.